- Don’t be afraid to give your honest opinion when it is asked for. Don’t waste time trying to be nice about something that you don’t believe to be true. Sooner or later, your friend will know if you have deceived him. But remember not to be too critical. You should be honest but never mean or unkind.
- Don’t insist that your opinion is the correct one. Nobody likes someone who is pushy. You should let your friends know where you stand on an issue and then leave it at that. Don’t force your opinion on other. However, you need not give in to any pressure to conform if you don’t agree with them.
- Help out when your friend needs your help. Don’t help only when it is convenient to you. Sometimes, you have to go extra mile to let your friend know that you care.
- Be understanding. Never laugh at the troubles your friend may be having and don’t get impatient with your friend. A person who is going through a tough time needs your sympathy, not your judgement.
- Be considerate. Never make fun of a friend whose religious or cultural beliefs differ from your own, however strange they may seem to you.
- When you and your friend cannot see eye to eye about something, talk it out. Make sure that both parties get a chance to be heard. Listen and understand what your friend says. No matter how tempted you are to interrupt your friend, hear him out.
- Stick to these rules in your relationships and your friends will stick with you.
* lari dari topik pasal novel hehehee*